SYDNEY, Australia – A full month ahead awaits the Neo (NEO) coin. Its price might have slumped more than 56%, from $130 in March down to $50 in the first week of April, yet the show must go on as Neo coin enthusiasts are embarking on a European tour.
Launched in 2014 by Chinese cryptocurrency aficionado Da Hongfei, the “Chinese Ethereum” is reported to start April in bright spirits. It rallied from $44 on April 1 to $51.78 at the time of writing.
The NEO Council’s official monthly report presented these upbeat highlights for the virtual currency held in the Asia-Pacific region:
- The Development Competition jointly led by Microsoft was held with over 500 projects.
- Continuous test nets were performed for KPN and the City of Zion, yet the problematic Fenbushi Capital node was off for relocation.
- P2P bugs will soon be over with the latest NEO-CLI injected with the improved v2.7.3 and v2.7.4.
- The first ever NEO Hackathon was held with NEOspace as the grand prize
- The Smart Economy platform is underway with more participants anticipated.
Adding to the hectic month for the digital currency is the Tokyo NEO XQRC Hackathon on April 13 and the listing of the Neo (NEO) coin on Cobinhood by the end of the month.
The Neo coin European tour begins in Amsterdam where a huge community for the virtual currency awaits. Expected to be the largest in Europe, the cryptocurrency tour will be hosted by the NEO Council and starts on April 14 at DeLaMar theater.
Lisbon will be the next stop on April 16, followed by events in Zurich, Vienna, Madrid, and Paris. With blockchain education as the primary reward for these events, individuals and groups are invited to improve their decentralized applications (dApps). In addition, accolades in the form of NEO coins will be distributed.
A nonprofit and community-based blockchain project, NEO uses blockchain technology and digital identity. A group of tech enthusiasts, the NEO team is witness to the development of the blockchain industry and the digital money market. Through the Neo (NEO) coin, they are motivated to revolutionize the traditional economy into a “Smart Economy.”